Help with a Federal Agency
If you cannot get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Residents of the 4th Congressional District of Virginia can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. Our Privacy Release Form is now available either online or as a physical form.
To submit your Privacy Release online, please click here.
To print your form and return by mail or fax, please click here, sign and mail to our office.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved
To Mail or Fax Authorization Form
This is a three step process:
- Complete the form available here with the required data.
- Review the form to ensure all data is accurate, then sign the form.
- Mail, fax, or hand deliver the completed form to our office.
Mail to: 110 North Robinson Street, Suite 401, Richmond, V.A. 23220 OR 131 N. Saratoga Street, Suite B, Suffolk, V.A. 23434
Fax to: 804-269-4139
The Privacy Release Form is available to print HERE.